But it’s not enough to just wish it to happen. We need practical steps, if we hope to see the results during our life time.
Why should You care?
Have you ever cared for an old family member? It’s not pretty.
But unlike him or her, you have a chance to significantly improve both your health and lifespan.. Don’t waste it!
Remember you become what you think about. If you spend some energy thinking about life extension, that’s what you’ll get!
Why should We care?
Longevity (aging biology) research and advocacy is the most valuable activity for a modern western society. By its nature it is more powerful than any other single disease prevention (cancer, heart, dementia etc) .
It can significantly decrease health-care burden. It stands to improve workforce participation. And improve the health and happiness of society in general.
Any pursuit of longevity as a public goal should have at least these 5 things in mind
– public education
– branding, culture shift
– driving more money in through donations or investments
– curating and sponsoring research
– lobbying “aging is a disease” and other relevant lifespan extension causes
The steps above are arranged in the order of complexity. The budget below takes this into account and goes from simple one man part time “hustle” to the full scale multi person organization.
The goals of the organization is to shape the public opinion, distribute funds and facilitate research.
The hope is that with the direction and budget outlined, it should be somewhat easier to move along the path of longevity.
Budget Tiers (yearly)
– Basic website, mail-chimp mail list collection, Tiktok, YouTube and LinkedIn educational channels,
as much cross channel coverage as possible
– Occasional blog posts here: https://smart-monkey.org/blog
– Woocommerce T-shirt store, affiliates through Amazon or what’s relevant
– Move the website to a robust hosting. Better lighting, camera and sound. Green screen.
– Less cross, more platform specific content.
– Boosting important posts.
– Professional web design. Contracting animators and voice overs from fiver and such to boost the production value.
– Paid plugins, search and speed optimization. A & B adds. Collaborations with relevant channels based on followers count
– Form non profit or for purpose org.
$50K – $100K:
– One full time person to run the operations 24/7.
– Full swing collaborations, guest speakers, attending online events and conferences.
– Pushing agenda everywhere possible.
– Advisory board
– Semi permanent subs to generate blog content and video post-production
– Branding ads and billboards
– Explore investments, supporting small scale basic research
– On staff software developer to create unifying distributed platform for citizen crowdfunding,
collaboration and data exchange between researchers and public
– Extend platform development for better data exchange and export; helping with AI analysis.
– Gamifying regular user participation.
– Support basic and target research.
– 5-10 person team.
– Own citizen science platform is fully operational, which also doubles as a health-prevention oriented social network.
– Revenue is generated from % of direct citizens to research donations, direct to org donations & relevant ads placement.
Spent on team salaries, selected non crowdfunded research and possibly addressing some topics through official political channels.